mechplace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D, not as strange as you may think

+2
USwalrus
Mech
6 posters

Go down

D&D, not as strange as you may think Empty D&D, not as strange as you may think

Post  Mech Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Dungeons and Dragons, a game that brings up images of tapped glasses and pocket protectors. I say, these images are totally wrong, imagine burning towns, a desperate hand to hand fight, a forest covered in early morning fog so thick anything could hide withing and my favorite brave warriors of your own total creation. You almost have to be taught by a relative or a friend who plays to understand the many different rules, that is probably why it is so misunderstood. It is a social game, you can't play alone. Usually you have a group of 3-7 (not counting a DM [dungeon master]) Most of my family either plays or has played, that is how I learned but it had been a while. If you are even remotely interested ask, remember there is no such thing as a dumb question.
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Number of posts : 102
Helper points :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.irishfire3.wetpaint.com

Back to top Go down

D&D, not as strange as you may think Empty Re: D&D, not as strange as you may think

Post  USwalrus Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:07 pm

I've played one game and I kinda like D&D
USwalrus
USwalrus

Number of posts : 82
Helper points :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

D&D, not as strange as you may think Empty Re: D&D, not as strange as you may think

Post  Hiphopapotamus Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 am

wouldn't mind trying it, was a whole lot too complicated when I first played it.
Hiphopapotamus
Hiphopapotamus
New
New

Number of posts : 18
Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 am

Yeah I know what you mean I have been working on the first rule book for months.

Spoiler:
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  USwalrus Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 pm

I'm gonna start playing again soon. I'm a dwarf in D&D lol!
USwalrus
USwalrus

Helper points :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:38 pm

What class?
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  USwalrus Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:55 pm

A fighter....
USwalrus
USwalrus

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Awesome but I'm ranger all the way.
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:36 pm

I always wonder why its been stereotyped as a "nerds" game. I bet you if popular kids would've been the ones playing it it'd be cool. I've never played, and I'm probably to blonde to figure it out , but it sounds like fun. Very Happy
Shannon
Shannon

Number of posts : 1
Helper points :

Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://thirdblockcomics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 pm

You just need a good DM.
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  soccer dude Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Still think it is a very wierd game............................................ there are like 100 rule books.....
soccer dude
soccer dude
New
New

Number of posts : 23
Helper points :

Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:17 pm

There are three rule books, two of them you don't have to read unless your a DM. All the other ones are optional.
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  soccer dude Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:05 pm

So then why do people even read them and why do they all still sell???
soccer dude
soccer dude
New
New

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 pm

What do you mean? All the books have a purpose. The DM has to read 2 and use 1 as a reference, a player only has to read one.
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  soccer dude Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 pm

I still don't see why they need so many books.. I think it is a scam to make money. They could make them all one or subsidize them.
soccer dude
soccer dude
New
New

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sio Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:45 pm

The game is extremely complicated, so many books are needed. One is the rule book, and the others are basically the admin tutorials. Very Happy
Sio
Sio

Number of posts : 62
Helper points :
D&D, not as strange as you may think Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100D&D, not as strange as you may think Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :

http://everythings.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mech Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:24 pm

Until I started playing I thought the exact same thing, but it's really not.
Mech
Mech
Mech Admin
Mech Admin

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  soccer dude Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I just dont feel like spending all the money on peices and books..... (Im broke rofl!!!)
soccer dude
soccer dude
New
New

Helper points :

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum